Some 14 people have been killed in a massive storm which brought destruction to the northern Philippines, a presidential adviser says.
Typhoon Mangkhut ripped through the Philippines’ main island of Luzon, and is now moving west towards China.
Almost all buildings in the city of Tuguegarao sustained some damage, a government official said, and communications were down in places.
The storm packed winds of 185 kilommetres per hour (115 miles per hour.
Four million people were in its path, and thousands were evacuated amid warnings of six metres (20 feet) storm surges.
Francis Tolentino, a political adviser to President Rodrigo Duterte, said up to 14 people were killed as a result of the storm.
Two rescuers were killed trying to help people trapped in a landslide. Unverified reports say the body of a young girl was found in the Marikina river, which flows through Manila.
The evacuation centre in the coastal town of Aparri is also said to have been destroyed and phone networks are down.
The typhoon recalls memories of the deadliest storm on record in the Philippines – Super Typhoon Haiyan in 2013 – which killed more than 7,000. However, preparation and evacuation procedures have been improved since then.
The typhoon made landfall at Baggao, in the north-east of the Philippines, at about 01:40 local time on Saturday (17:40 GMT on Friday).
However, the head of the disaster management agency, Ricardo Jalad, said no-one was reported killed in Baggao.
After losing some of its wind speed over land, the storm was downgraded from a super typhoon and is now travelling with wind speeds equivalent to a category four hurricane.