Police are investigating the circumstances, which led to the death of 48-year-old Ezric Francis, of Chelston Avenue, St Michael.
Police say around 10 a.m., they went to a house at Chelston Avenue after receiving reports that Francis had ingested a poisonous substance. He was transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for treatment. Francis, however, died around 3 p.m.
Police recovered a plastic cup with a green substance from the residence along with a container that contained a similar green substance the deceased is suspected to have ingested.