Barbados has recorded its third death related to COVID-19 as the number of infections climb to 63, Dr Corey Forde, Head of Infectious Diseases at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital told a virtual news conference this morning.
According to Forde, the 95-year-old man died at three o’clock this morning.
“He presented to us quite late and had been extremely unwell up to this point,” he said.
Today’s death comes on the heels of the passing of an 81-year-old man on Sunday and a 74-year-old male yesterday.
Forde, who is also the Isolation Facilities Manager, reported that 53 persons were in isolation and there would be another three admissions today from cases identified last night.
At the Enmore facility, Forde said there were three patients who are currently on ventilation. Among them, a severely ill 56-year-old male who has diabetes, a 78-year-old woman and a 56-year-old female
“All of three of them are critically ill at this point,” he noted.
At the Paragon Isolation Centre, there are 17 people, including eight females and nine males Forde said: “They are all stable”.
Over at Blackman and Gollop isolation facility there are 29 patients, 16 females and 13 males. “Four of these individuals remain in our high dependency area, Forde disclosed.
There are four other patients in isolation at home. These include the seven-year-old and his father.
Read our ePaper. Fast. Factual. Free.
Sign up and stay up to date with Barbados' FREE latest news.