One out of 29 people arrested for breaking the Government imposed curfew now has 5000 reasons not to do it again.
Dwayne Fenty, 40, of Emerald Park, St Philip, was today fined $5000 in 20 weeks or six months in prison after he pleaded guilty in the District A Magistrates’ Court.
Fenty was caught at the Club Paris nightclub, at the Corner of Roebuck Street and Crumpton Street Bridgetown, after 7 p.m. on Friday night, where a social event was in full swing.
Fenty told Chief Magistrate Ian Weekes that he went to the nightclub to drop off money to someone and remained to take a drink.
However, the Chief Magistrate did not accept the excuse. Fenty told the Magistrate that he was not gainfully employed but indicated that he did odd jobs whenever the opportunity arises.
The Chief Magistrate told Fenty that considering the fact that he does not have a fixed income, he was giving him enough time to pay the fine and urged him to report back to him if he has difficulty paying it within the period granted.
The other 28 accused who pleaded not guilty were all granted bail in the sum of $3000 with a surety each, to return to court between dates ranging from July 21 to August 11.
The other accused include:
- Colin Eversley, 50, of Workman’s, St George.
- Bianca Griffith, 19, of Lot 44 Hothersal Turning, St Michael.
- Stacey Claire, 29, of Graeme Hall, Christ Church.
- Cheniqua Jones, 31, of Birch Path, Regent Hill, St Michael.
- Asheem Evelyn, 24, of Lodge Road, Christ Church.
- Sanchea Michelle Haynes, 30, of Lower Estate, St George.
- Stephen Walcott, 50, of Cottage Heights, St George.
- Anthony Pilgrim, 47, of Spring Farm, St Thomas.
- Oswald Springer, 34, of St Patrick’s, Christ Church.
- Corie Holder, 40, of Elizabeth Park, Christ Church.
- Emily Duncanson, 23, of Vauxhall, Christ Church.
- Kerry Clarke.
- Colin Vaughn, 48, of Ebenezer Village, St Philip.
- Clavis Springer, 60, of Spring Farm, St Thomas.
- Andre Carrington, 38, Lower Estate Heights, St Thomas.
- Kelvin Howell, 42, Bathland, St John.
- Sha King, 43, of 1st Avenue Goodland, St Michael.
- Rondell Ifill, 48, Shop Hill, St Thomas.
- Joshua Rudder, of Lion Castle, St Thomas.
- Romel Stuart of 8th Avenue, New Orleans, St Michael.
- Garfield Gibson.
- Adrian Maynard, of Fordes Road, Clapham, St Michael.
- Wade Durant, 46, of Walkers Valley, Glebe, St George.
- Edward Humphrey.