This alert message is valid from 10:40 am Sunday, Oct. 18 and will be terminated at 6 pm today or sooner if conditions warrant.
A flash-flood warning is issued when rapid flooding due to heavy or excessive rainfall in a short period of time (generally less than 6 hours) is occurring or is imminent in the warning area.
Maximum Rainfall Accumulations of 25.0 to 50.0 mm in heavy showers are expected over the warning area.
Residents and visitors should note that the following impacts are imminent during this forecast period:
- Significant runoff from higher elevations.
- Significant soil erosion is likely on exposed or scarred land surfaces.
- Large water settlements on roads and fields.
- Significant adjustments to water levels of existing water bodies (ponds etc.).
- Significant delays on traffic routes with some roads possibly impassable.
- Large objects or debris from higher elevations may also become embedded within fast moving water flows.
- Significant flooding at the foot of hillsides and coastal roads is possible.