Convicted man Neco Ramone Johnson today apologized to a female passenger who was injured when he and two other men threw rocks at a minivan over eight years ago.
The woman was one of three people hurt during the incident which led to charges of violent disorder, criminal damage and three counts of unlawful and malicious wounding being levelled against Johnson, of Watts Village, St George.
He previously pleaded guilty to the November 7, 2012 charges.
The woman told the No. 2 Supreme Court today that she was pregnant at the time with her now eight-year-old daughter and was on the bus which services the Bayfield, St Philip route. She disclosed that when the vehicle got to the South District, St George area “some guys” got out without paying.
She said, the conductor “went to get his money and a couple of minutes later an object struck the window and the glass shattered and got into my eyes and . . . everywhere.”
She revealed that as a result she had scarring on her eyeballs and “I was scared because my daughter was not moving. I was scared because I was pregnant.”
“I apologize for my actions to the young lady for breaking the glass and letting it go in her eye,” Johnson said after the woman concluded her victim impact statement.
Johnson will reappear before Justice Randall Worrell on Wednesday June 10 when he is expected to be sentenced.
Acting Senior Crown Counsel Rudolph Burnett is prosecuting his case.