Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the author(s) do not represent the official position of Barbados TODAY.
by Clem Foster
Madame PM, a magazine told me that you are one of the most influential people in the world. Could I beg your indulgence and influence on a few issues that have been bothering us Bajans? There are several things that require your attention, but in a spirit of generosity, I will only mention 10. I leave it to others to mention more.
1. Could you influence the price of gas to come down?
2. Could you influence the road tax, that is included in those same gas prices, to fix these pot holes that are making my mechanic a rich man?
3. Could you influence a reduction in these taxes that are killing us?
4. Could you influence the AG to properly address the spikes of violent crime in this country?
5. Could you influence Customs not to kill us with these duties?
6. Could you influence speedy and fair justice in our judicial system?
7. Could you influence fair prices in our supermarkets?
8. Could you influence the passing of the Freedom of Information Act?
9. Could you influence impartiality in the media?
10. Could you influence certain people to stop tarnishing the reputations of honest Bajans when they dare to speak up about how they are feeling about what is happening to us and to this country?
If we could have your influence on these issues as soon as possible, we would be quite grateful. We are happy for your influence, but we Bajans do not have much TIME.