This alert message is valid from 12 noon on Sunday and will be updated or terminated at 6 pm or sooner if conditions warrant.
A flash-flood watch is issued when heavy or excessive rainfall in a short period of time (generally less than six hours) could result in flash flooding within the watch area. It does not mean that flooding will occur, but it is possible.
Hazard Info: A low to mid-level trough is maintaining light wind speeds across the island. This in combination with a moist low-level environment has begun to generate some localized activity over the central portions of the island. As the afternoon progresses the showers are expected to spread across the island.
Accumulations of up to 1 to 2 inches in moderate to heavy showers are likely.
- Residents and visitors should be prepared for strong runoff from higher elevations.
- Soil erosion is likely on bared or scarred land surfaces.
- Debris such as small rocks, mud and tree foliage could end up on roads and property.
- Flooding at the foot of hillsides and coastal roads is possible.
- Traffic delays are likely.