David Gill, UPP Candidate for St. Michael South central is a professional Medicinal Chemist – Biochemist who graduated from the University of Concordia, Quebec. He also holds a Bachelor Laws (Honours) degree from Wolverhampton University, UK. David is currently self-employed as a Business Manager/Consultant. A product of the Carrington Village community, he is a former President of the Barbados Paralympics’ Association and has dedicated the greater part of his adult life to helping Barbadians. David established the Cecil “Jimmy Hunte” Foundation which sponsors community projects, initiated a remedial reading programme that has benefitted children preparing for the Common Entrance Examination. He has served as a Member of Parliament and Senator. A former president of the Carrington Royals Club, he is an avid sportsman and was the captain of the Harrison College and Wanderers hockey teams, winning two championships for the latter team. David Gill is a music enthusiast with interest ranging from the classics to calypso and from jazz to reggae.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App