Veronica Price, UPP Candidate for St. Michael South East, is the CEO of Project Nissi an intensive six weeks programme for Children-at-Risk (a child who is in danger of committing a criminal offense), and for those who have been sexually abused. Project Nissi is solutions oriented – a ‘Safe Haven’ for survivors of abuse and those struggling to survive and was founded during Ms. Price’s research paper for her Counselling Designation. Catalyst to Project Nissi is the fact that Ms. Price has been a child advocate her entire life. Before this, she co-founded the Jane Mannette Counselling Services where she is still a founding member. However, Veronica has had her share of failure as a single parent, having raised a child-at-risk, who eventually offended and was incarcerated. This has been her Achilles heel and led to Ms. Price doing some serious introspection – calling on her deep faith in God which led to a complete turn round in her parenting. Veronica also wrote a book, ‘Closing the Door on Sexual Abuse’ during her introspection. Veronica has a history of child advocacy and has fostered many children – both official and unofficial, which at one point in time earned her an award from the Child Care Board. Veronica Price has declared her candidacy for St. Michael South East.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App