Court Local News Man admits assaulting former girlfriend Jenique BelgravePublished: 22/08/2026 Updated: 21/08/20260179 views Nine days after being remanded to Dodds Prison, a St Michael man returned to the District ‘A’ Magistrates’ Court No. 1 and admitted to assaulting his former girlfriend on two occasions. At his first court appearance last week, Ronaldo Antonio Saviola Simmons, 24, of Paddock Road, denied assaulting Natesha Jack and causing her actual bodily harm on July 23, as well as assaulting her on August 11. The prosecution objected to his release, and Simmons was remanded. On Friday, he changed his pleas and admitted to the charges. The court heard that Simmons and Jack had known each other for five years, were in a relationship and have two young children. On July 23, Simmons went to Jack’s home and asked about food for the children. Unhappy with her answer, he hit her in the face and bit her shoulder. She reported the incident to police and sought medical attention. Simmons was later interviewed and charged. On August 11, Simmons followed Jack from a shop, approached her and hit her on the head, saying: “I would burst your head.” Police were called, and he was arrested and charged. “I do not want to go back [to Dodds],” Simmons told the court when asked about his time spent on remand. “Your actions caused you to be there. You have to learn to be a better person because you have to co-parent. You need some anger management,” Acting Chief Magistrate Douglas Frederick said. The magistrate granted him bail in the sum of $3 000 and ordered him to enrol in and complete the Partnership for Peace programme through the Bureau of Gender Affairs. “As you are not known, you will have this opportunity to keep your record clean as long as you complete the programme,” Frederick said. (JB)