CourtLocal News Lawyer’s theft charge dismissed by Jenique Belgrave 20/01/2026 written by Jenique Belgrave 20/01/2026 1 min read A+A- Reset Share FacebookTwitterLinkedinWhatsappEmail 3.2K A St Philip attorney accused of stealing over $70 000 from a client has had the charge against her dismissed after the complainant withdrew the case on Monday. Bernadette Callender, 52, of Parkview Plains, Lucas Street, St Philip, was accused of stealing $70 628.74 belonging to Kim Webster between October 4, 2019, and September 25, 2020. The complainant’s brother told the No. 1 District ‘A’ Magistrates Court that he had confirmed that $71 000 had been placed on his sister’s account. You Might Be Interested In Crystal Beckles-Holder, 2nd runner up in regional competition GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses Barbadians asked to help with return tickets for Haitians Webster, who is now residing overseas, then contacted the court via a mobile messenger and said she was no longer interested in pursuing the case. Magistrate Oliver Thomas dismissed the charge and informed Callender that she was free to go. Callender was represented by attorneys Adriel Brathwaite and Errol Gaskin. Jenique Belgrave You may also like President’s Senate choices reshape political balance, spark debate on DLP strategy 20/02/2026 Libraries must become digital empowerment hubs, says minister 20/02/2026 President: Decision on opposition senators came after ‘sleepless night’ of wide consultation 20/02/2026