A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for Barbados effective 5 p.m. Saturday until 6 a.m. on Sunday, or sooner if conditions warrant.
Maximum rainfall accumulations of 25.0 to 50.0 mm in moderate to heavy showers are expected.
The Barbados Meteorological Services says residents and visitors should be prepared for the following possibilities if this alert level elevates to red:
- Significant run off from higher elevations.
- Significant soil erosion likely on exposed or scarred land surfaces.
- Large water settlements on roads and fields.
- Significant adjustments to water levels of existing water bodies (ponds etc.).
- Significant delays on traffic routes with some roads possibly impassable.
- Large objects or debris from higher elevations may also become embedded within fast moving water flows.
- Significant flooding at the foot of hillsides and coastal roads is possible.