Barbados Gospel Soca artiste, Neesha Woodz has earned herself 14 nominations, the most ever by any single artiste in the history of The Barbados Flame Gospel Awards.
Her success came from her recording Incredible God, which was released last year during the pandemic. Woodz, who celebrated 10 years in full time Gospel music ministry, unfortunately will have her CD tested against the other artistes in the Caribbean since there were no other local artistes producing compilations in 2020.
The former St Michael student earned her nominations in the categories:
- Caribbean Record of the year (Incredible God).
- Music Video – (Follow &Volume).
- Best Scripture based song of the year-(God of Miracles & Incredible God).
- Songwriter of the year.
- Reggae song of the year- (Follow).
- Praise & Worship Song of the year-(God of Miracles & Incredible God).
- Female Vocalist of the year.
- Song of the year- (The Greatest &Volume)..
Most of the other awards were shared by new comer to the gospel arena and former Atlantic Records signee, Jaicko Lawrence (seven), John Yarde (five), Sherry Ann Maughan (four) and others.
The virtual event will be broadcast on August 28 and 29 before being broadcast to a largely worldwide audience.
For the first time, winners will be determined by a public voting request, which will run from June 25 to July 25.