Pets are highly susceptible to tick bites and tickborne diseases. Vaccines are not available for most tick-borne conditions that pets can get, and they do not keep them from bringing ticks into your home. It is essential to use a tick preventive product on your pet for these reasons.
Tick bites on pets may be hard to detect. Unfortunately, signs of tick-borne disease may not appear for 7-21 days or longer after a tick bite. You need to watch your pet closely for changes in behaviour or appetite if you suspect that a tick has bitten your pet.
Talk to your veterinarian about
– The best tick prevention products for your dog. NexGard Chewables and Frontline Plus come highly recommended by veterinarians and are available at Farm & Garden Shop.
– Tickborne diseases in your area.
To further reduce the chances that a tick bite will make your pet sick
– Check your pets for ticks daily, especially after they spend time outdoors.
– If you find a tick on your pet, remove it right away.
– Reduce tick habitat in your yard.
Benefits of Nexgard
– NexGard is a delicious beef-flavoured chew that is exceptionally soft.
– NexGard is a single chew that kills both fleas and ticks.
– NexGard’s efficiency rate is exceptionally high when it comes to killing fleas and ticks. Once consumed, it starts to kill in 4 hours. It can kill fleas within 8 hours and ticks within 48 hours of consumption.
– While NexGard is a way more accurate solution that can target ticks hiding inside the gums of a dog, around the eye, inside the ears, or even inside the anus, in addition to this, your dog will also be able to swim and bathe as NexGard cannot be washed off.
– Only one application is required for 30 days of protection from fleas and ticks.
– Frontline Plus takes only seconds to apply.
– No prescription is needed. Frontline Plus is sold over-the-counter.
– Waterproof—within 24 hours after drying, your pet can be bathed or swim and still be 100 per cent protected from fleas and ticks.
– Frontline Plus is safe for puppies and kittens eight weeks and older.