The Barbados Meteorological Services (BMS) has upgraded the flood watch to a flood warning for the island.
A flood warning is issued when flooding is occurring or is imminent in the warning area.
Unstable conditions are affecting the island and due to the already saturated nature of the earth and with rainfall accumulations today expected to range between 1 and 2 inches, flash flooding is imminent.
Imminent Significant to life-threatening:-.
- Runoff from higher elevations.
- Soil erosion/land slippage on exposed or scarred land surfaces.
- Water settlements on roads and fields. Adjustments to water levels of existing water bodies (ponds etc.).
- Large objects or debris from higher elevations becoming embedded within fast moving water flows.
- Flooding at the foot of hillsides and coastal roads.
- Delays on traffic routes with some roads being impassable or cutoff in and out of minor towns.showers