A 36-year-old gardener said to have no fixed place of abode will have a roof over his head for the next 28-days at least.
Kelvin Andre Renaldo Best, who appeared before Acting Chief Magistrate Wanda Blair on Monday, was remanded to Dodds until next month in connection with four offences committed against the same complainant.
Best is accused of assaulting Nicole Tudor on April 18 causing her actual bodily harm and damaging a door belonging to her on the same date without lawful excuse, intending to damage such property, or was reckless as to whether such property would be damaged.
He is further alleged to have used the threatening words “I gine shoot you in your face” towards Tudor on May 10, with intent to cause her to believe that immediate unlawful violence would be used against her.
A month later, on June 10, he is alleged to have entered Tudor’s house as a trespasser and stole one television worth $1 500 belonging to her.
Best pleaded not guilty to all the charges, following which Sergeant Victoria Taitt objected to him getting bail at this time.
The prosecutor told the District ‘D’ Magistrates’ Court located at Cane Garden, St Thomas that her objections were based on the nature of the offences, as the four charges involved one complainant and spanned several months.
Sergeant Taitt said the accused had 49 previous convictions of a similar nature, which showed he had a propensity for such crimes and would likely re-offend.
The prosecutor revealed that Best had also been convicted of a similar offence last year and spent six months in prison.
After hearing the accused, Magistrate Blair remanded him to Dodds until July 18 when he is scheduled to appear before the District ‘A’ Magistrate Court where the matters have been transferred.